Shaping the Future of Tractors & Agricultural Machinery
AVL Electrification Solutions for Tractors, Agricultural Machinery & Implements
Smart solutions for hybrid and pure electric powertrains & vehicle systems
Balancing trade-offs between various attributes (cost, weight, range)
- How to decrease the high development costs of electrified vehicles?
- How to increase the all-electric range?
Demand for higher productivity, efficiency, accuracy and environmental protection
- How can significant productivity enhancements be achieved?
- How to improve operational procedures in an efficient and comfortable way?
- How to reduce the pollution of the air, soil and plants caused by vehicle emissions?
- How to use electrification in order to optimize power supply and operational procedures at the implement?
Large variety of applications and diversity of implement and application producers
- How to deal with the diversity of implement producers concerning electrification approaches?
- How can application diversity be managed in a cost-effective manner?
- Which electrification approaches are available for small production volumes (e.g. small tractors<100 HP)?
The AVL Solution
The Added Value
- Understanding the concerns and demands of farmers and the agricultural/municipal industry
- Smart solutions based on expert know-how on all relevant components, systems and their interactions
- High system performance and short time-to-market due to AVL’s proven model-based development approach
- Extensive cross-industry and long-standing experience from worldwide electrification references
- Long-term partnership with global agricultural machinery OEMs
- Long-term expertise in hardware and software development for battery systems, e-drive systems, transmission, axle, fuel cell and combustion engine
- AVL’s e-tractor concept for applications below 100 HP
Modular chassis for different applications
Integration of expensive components into a power chassis
Chassis as power distribution for drive and implements
- Electrification study – agricultural & construction industry:
Low voltage electrification with 48 V (Generator, auxiliaries, fans, pumps, sensors and actuators), high voltage electrification with 400V, 650V and 800V (Generator, fans, pumps, traction motor evaluation)
- High precision actuators at implements:
12V / 48V actuators, 75V / 80V actuators
- Mild hybrid tractor:
48V battery with certain system functionality at engine off
- BEV tractor:
HV with fast-charging for urban- and farm-operation; electric charger and electric HVAC
High voltage interface with power handover to implement; electric traction at implement, high power pumps and fans
- Work in AEF High-Voltage group
Specification of electric interface between tractor and implement