INJECTION SYSTEM SIMULATION
AVL BOOST™ Hydsim
Historically, BOOST™ Hydsim has been developed for the simulation of diesel injection systems. Today, BOOST™ Hydsim is well suited for the modeling of gasoline, heavy oil, gas, alternative fuel injection etc. All types of common rail and other (e.g. unit, in-line pump) injection systems are covered. New applications such as hydraulic transmissions, valve trains and actuators have also been considered.
Benefits at a Glance
- Flexible modeling technique, adapts to many applications.
- Different solver types (fixed-step and variable-step).
- Especially suitable for non-stationary high pressure systems.
- Specific elements for diverse injection systems.
- Integrated 1D optimization of system parameters.
- Interface to AVL FIRE™ and BOOST™ Cycle Simulation.
- Interface to Matlab®/Simulink® (API and DLL).
- Fluid and solid property database.
- Animation of nozzle flow and spray.
- Reliability proven by continuous verification with measured data.
- Fuel injection systems for diesel engines: common rail, in-line & unit pump and injectors.
- Gasoline engine injection systems: direct & intake-port injection.
- Alternative fuel injection systems.
- Electro-hydraulic valve trains.
- Servo-hydraulic systems, actuators.
- Truck engine brake systems.
Capabilities and Features
- Fluid mechanic simulation
- Multi-body dynamic simulation
- Hydraulic, mechanical and control elements are provided
- Interface to Matlab®/Simulink®
- Predefined set of results for each element
- 2D post-processor integrated into the AVL Workspace
- Interface to AVL FIRE™
- Interface to BOOST™ Cycle Simulation