Flexible customizable prototype assembly
Prototype Assembly Solution for Commercial Vehicles
Demonstrator assembly including parts procurement, documentation & change management
Especially, for new concepts a hardware demonstrator is necessary to verify basic functionality. The demonstrator is often used by the management and sales to decide whether or not to further invest and develop until production.
Involvement of the customer, reliable suppliers, experienced engineers and technicians are essential for an effective work
- Which people are needed for the task and what qualification are required?
- In which way to collaborate best with the customer and involve the suppliers?
- How can reliable suppliers, with good quality in short time, be found?
- How can a flexible prototype assembly be created?
- How can calibration, functional performance and safety checks be performed to guarantee good quality?
The AVL Solution
The Added Value
- A competent project partner --> with a vast amount of experience
- Clearly defined development time, costs and work split
- Involvement of customer and resident engineers
- Minimum project risk due to detailed planning
- Concern- & change management
- Qualified capacity on demand
- Wide supplier base of AVL to find the matching suppliers and parts for prototypes
- Sourcing of prototype parts and organizing rework if required
- Quality management of prototype parts
- Prototyping for wiring harness and rapid prototyping for control systems
- Performing basic vehicle checks for mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Basic calibration and functional testing
- Assemblage of several prototype tractors for functional and durability development until SOP
- Rebuild and update SOP vehicles with changed, new and optimized components
- Demonstrator build with existing components and integration of customer components (engine)
- Electronic integration with rapid prototyping systems