Transmission Controls and Software Development - Control Software Development for Transmission
Transmission Controls and Software Development
- Process to support software development from the start until series production
- General consulting on needs according to different markets
- Robust and verified architecture which can be used for different transmission and power train configurations
- Architectural compatibility with electrified systems
- Transmission software concept designs
- Advanced testing strategies for software and functional development
- Plant model integrated development
- Safety development
- Joint development with customers
- Fast and robust prototype solutions for concept verifications
- Control strategy designs for new transmission concepts from scratch
Based on decades of engineering experience AVL is the only independent powertrain engineering company able to provide engineering solutions at all levels. With the experience gained over years across the complete powertrain, advanced methodologies and state-of-the-art tools have been developed to support the latest transmission and hybrid market requirements.
AVL's unique transmission control architecture is a perfect example of AVL's expertise in transmission controls. Unique AVL architecture enables customers to use AVL application software for varying drivetrain configurations equipped with different transmissions.
In recent years, the challenge for software development has become not only technical but also centered around the processes required to fulfill the increasing demand in terms of safety and robustness. AVL developed a unified software process which is applicable for projects with different scopes or demands, starting from concept verification to the serial production.
As a result of technical and process perfection, the development environment can also be easily shared with the customer's operation locally or even globally, which enables successful joint development projects.
An answer to the market challenges is given by AVL's development processes, advanced offline/online testing procedures and deep transmission control knowledge with the extended expertise combined from different disciplines.
Modern powertrains are increasingly important due to the growing challenges of fuel economy and CO2. To fulfill these challenging requirements, new transmission structures e.g. integrated electrical machines, multi-element shifts etc. are currently being developed which require complex control strategies with cutting edge technologies in the control domain. The automated transmission market is also expanding to new markets which require both comfortable and efficient powertrains.
Further challenges like shorter development periods, safety demands, robustness and increasing diversification have to be managed with cost considerations firmly in mind.
- One global independent software and control development partner who is able to handle all the five elements of modern powertrains (battery, e-machine, engine, transmission and controls)
- Years of powertrain development at your disposal ready to refine your global future powertrain portfolio
Currently over five running SOP software development projects for AT, DCT and Hybrid powertrain applications.
On top a wide range and variety of prototype development projects are/have been successfully executed.
Further - and more detailed references - are available but not released for public.