Due to the vast amount of different transmission concepts on the market, it is necessary to consider the whole powertrain as one system. Extensive engineering experience and skills drive AVL's advanced solutions combined with efficient testing and simulation tools. Well-known manufacturers trust in AVL's individual, independent and highly innovative solutions in the area of:
- Passenger Car Powertrains
- Commercial Powertrains (on-road)
Find the ideal transmission / powertrain for the future
How does the future powertrain look like?
Which optimum powertrain / transmission system fulfills the needs in terms of efficiency and cost?
Can the existing vehicle be upgraded with the latest transmission & hybrid technology?
How can emission challenges, drivability, NVH or comfort issues be solved?
Handle transmission, powertrain or vehicle work packages in a cost effective manner
Manage internally or outsource transmission design, testing and validation or software, controls and calibration tasks?
Is there a local partner that is able to solve specific transmission problems?
Can tasks be outsourced to cope with vehicle variant complexity?
The AVL Solution
Thanks to its global network of tech centers, AVL can provide turn key development support for state-of-the art powertrain solutions worldwide. Enhanced frontloading with AVL software tools and a seamless simulation platform from concept to validation and production ensure a highly efficient development process.
The range of services for transmissions include:
- Concept review, definition & development
- Detail design & simulation
- Prototype development, procurement & assembly
- Demonstrator vehicle development, procurement & assembly
- Testing & validation
- Control strategy & software development, Inc. Functional safety
- Calibration services including emission, drivability and NVH optimization
- Production launch & worldwide field support
The Added Value
- One-stop-solution partner – from concept definition to product launch
- Efficient and comprehensive solutions in all key elements of passenger car, commercial on-road- and off-road-powertrains (conventional, hybridized or BEV/FCV configuration as e-axle)
- Tailored and innovative solutions based on leading transmission technology and unique AVL methods and tools
- Enhanced product maturity due to a clearly defined and customer-individual development process
- Local support and worldwide testing facilities
- Competent partner with latest electrification technology expertise
- By skill, innovation and experience, AVL understands driveline requirements and functions in the final product, the complete process from concept to industrialization and the importance of a lifecycle perspective