Acoustic Engineering for Heavy Duty On-Road Vehicles - Engineering Solutions for Engines
Acoustic Engineering for Heavy Duty On-Road Vehicles
The AVL Acoustic Engineering team supports our customers and provides the latest NVH development tools and methodologies, NVH facilities and engineering capabilities to develop individual solutions for and together with our customer.
The major services of AVL's focus on NVH development are:
- Engine and Powertrain NVH Development
- Vehicle NVH Refinement
- NVH Powertrain Integration
- Vehicle and Powertrain NVH Simulation
- Sound Engineering
- NVH Software and Methodology Development
The excellent know-how and innovative ideas, as well as the strong link of the NVH team to other skill teams within AVL, ensures the successful outcome for each and every individual project and generates an additional benefit for our customers.
In order to support our engineers during NVH development, AVL has developed specialized NVH tools. These tools are designed and implemented under the lead of acoustic engineers to meet the engineer's needs. Please find a detailed description of our tools in the "Acoustic Engineering Tools" section.
Based on more than 40 years of experience and our ongoing R&D effort to improve processes, analysis methodologies and refinements, we provide the following services to our customers:
- Confidence and reliability through production-feasible, cost-effective and proven NVH solutions
- AVL's in-house research and strong involvement in national and EU research projects supports a view beyond technology horizons
- One experienced partner for NVH simulation and experimental acoustic development
- Know-how transfer to your resident engineers
- Complete confidentiality for all our projects
- Second opinion from an independent partner
- Close cooperation through manifold AVL engineering centers worldwide with on-site support of highly qualified staff
- Project work in close cooperation between OEM's, AVL and sub-suppliers as well as integration of project work in the OEM development process
- Customized work packages for every scope – from small troubleshooting to large scale projects, from concept up to SOP
- The unique competence synergies of AVL's three business areas: Advanced Simulation Technologies, Powertrain Engineering and Instrumentation and Test Systems is the basis for each NVH project
Satisfied customers are the best evidence for successful projects and developments. The AVL acoustic engineering team has performed customer projects as well as research projects since more than 40 years. Due to confidentiality reasons the published references for our work are limited – but this is also part of our sustainable success.
Latest Project Examples
- Powertrain NVH integrations:
- Mounting system layout
- Intake and exhaust system development and refinement
- Driveline development
- Vehicle NVH assessment and improvement
- Efficient driveline refinement by simulation and experimental development