AVL Battery Development for Truck and Bus - E-Drive
Cost-effective and modular
AVL Battery Development for Truck and Bus
Development of future solutions – from grid to road
The increasing number of local low- and zero-emission zones as well as the low CO2 footprint in the transportation industry affects powertrain and vehicle development.
- How can I balance product cost, weight and the CO2 benefit of the battery system?
- Which battery system allows flexible adaptation to local requirements?
- Which charging solution meets different standards in different markets?
- Which solution guarantees access to urban / low-emission zones?
The AVL Solution
AVL bridges the gap between OEMs and cell/battery producers and develops both high-power (for HD applications) and high-energy type battery packs (for LD trucks) including charging systems for hybrid electric and full electric vehicles.
- Layout, specification and development of specific battery and charging system solutions for the individual application from concept to SOP
- Modular battery systems including advanced thermal management concepts enabling high performance charging
- Advanced battery management control functions optimizing battery performance and durability
- Layout and development of high performance AC and / or DC charging solutions (HW & SW) for all local charging standards
- Reliability and durability engineering to achieve commercial vehicle productivity demands
- Cell testing and benchmarking
- Prototype and A/B sample build
- BMS development (HW and SW) for series production
The Added Value
- Tailored solutions thanks to AVL‘s leading experience in commercial powertrain engineering combined with cross-industry electrification know-how
- Smart and cost-efficient solutions due to expert know-how of all relevant components and their system interaction
- Limited development and validation cost due to modular concepts enabling high share of component and sub-system re-use.
- High system performance and component durability as well as short time-to-market due to AVL’s proven model-based development approach (front-loading)
- High product quality and low warranty risk by applying AVL’s unique validation methodology
- Flexible prototype and small fleet vehicle assembly based on long experience with electrification systems
- Worldwide calibration, validation and testing capabilities for components, systems and vehicles to provide high flexibility and short reaction time