AVL Truck Benchmarking - Driveability
Objective, tailored and unique.
AVL Truck Benchmarking
Objective Vehicle and Component Testing, Analysis and Comparison of Competitors – Focused Attributes
Best positioning of own products on the market
- How can I receive objective and independent evaluation of competitor vehicles?
- How are competitor vehicles performing?
- How can I balance attributes like performance and driveability of my truck?
- Who can support in defining system functionality and strategy including emissions?
The AVL Solution
The identification of strengths and areas with improvement potential is a step towards defining target attributes. The analysis is carried out during on-road testing, on-road / vehicle testbed and on component testbeds. This results in best trade-off of accuracy-to-cost by application of AVL’s methodology, in particular for torque and fuel measurement.
The Added Value
- Objective comparison of competitors from an independent partner
- Fast identification of vehicles’ strengths and potentials for improvement
- Fuel consumption and emissions in brake-specific values
- Contribution analysis for identification of root cause for specific behavior / pattern
- Profound know-how in new technologies and implemented technologies of competitors‘ products
- Detailed investigations, root cause analysis & recommendations for improvements
A significant number of customer projects have been executed successfully. Selected customer projects:
- Comparison of competitor truck in terms of fuel efficiency incl. Vecto characterization, emissions, emissions strategy, thermal management (European market), road and chassis dyno testing
- Comparison of 2 competitor trucks, analysis of transmission and vehicle functions (European market), on-road and testbed testing
- Comparison of several competitor trucks in terms of fuel efficiency and emissions (European market), chassis dyno testing
- Emission testing of EU VI fleets for Swedish transport agency, 3 years program, on-road and chassis dyno testing