AVL Global Vehicle Benchmarking - Vehicle Engineering
Vehicle benchmarking in a competitive landscape of newly released vehicles
AVL Global Vehicle Benchmarking
As a new service, AVL List GmbH offers comprehensive vehicle benchmarking analysis of the most important passenger cars, newly released to the market. The benchmarking program delivers an overview of results for all main attributes in the competitive landscape described by the AVL Scatterband.
The program consists of a total of 150 vehicles per year including European, US, Japanese, Korean and Chinese market.
The vehicle benchmarking program considers 10 main attributes scoring up to 815 single criteria. The 10 main attribute are as follows:
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Sound / NVH
- RDE: CO2 / Real life fuel consumption
- Pollutant emissions
- Thermal, energy management
- Vehicle dynamics, handling
- Ride Comfort
Benefits at a Glance
- Objective target definition and target tracking
- Widely spread competitive comparison
- Cost efficient benchmarking
- Information about best of class behavior
- Development targets for new models
- Basis for model revisions
Highlighting of strengths and weaknesses within the competitor scatter bands data.
- Detailed technical Analysis and root cause analysis
- Customized test cycles (incl. customer exclusive reporting)
- Testing of prototype vehicles (customer exclusive)
- Customer can provide test vehicles to receive cost compensation)
- Drive competitor cars yourself at your site
To know the competitor's behavior is essential for technical decisions during the development process. It allows to monitor the cost in order to reach best in class behavior or in general gives an indication for the target setting for new products.