Pallet Systems - Test Cell Mechanics
AVL Pallet System
AVL Pallet Systems are suitable for almost every application, from passenger car engines via commercial vehicle engines to racing engines. The Pallet Systems enable simple and easy pre-mounting and aligning of the unit under test and instrumentation in a separate setup room. Even pre-testing of the unit under test outside the testbed is possible with an appropriate level of automation.
Benefits at a Glance
- Reduced setup times due to the mounting of the unit under tests on pallet systems
- Comfortable preassembly and alignment of the unit under test and the measuring equipment in separate setup rooms
- Quick and easy fixing of the pallets on the testbed
- Quicker connection of the media supply by quick couplings or docking plate systems
- Easy movement of the unit under test by hand or fork-lift
The engine trolley enables an easy movement of the unit under test from the rigging / pre-test area to the test cell by hand or by means of a forklift truck like the engine pallets.
The engine pallet for automatic docking enables shortened engine changing times through automatic and easy fixing of the pallet on the base plate as well as leakage free connection of the media supply per push of a button.
Different sizes, scopes and special characteristics of the unit under test respectively the test application, result in different pallet sizes that are applicable for:
- Passenger car and LD engines (engine-only und powerpack applications)
- Commercial vehicle and HD engines (engine-only applications)
- Racing engines (on request)
Basically following standard variants are available:
- Engine pallets for manual docking light duty & heavy duty
- Engine trolleys for manual docking light duty
- Engine pallets for automatic docking light duty