Choosing Your Electrified Propulsion Concept - Engineering
Powering the future of e-mobility, today
Choosing Your Electrified Propulsion Concept
The future of sustainable, affordable mobility includes the electrified powertrain. As the diversity of solutions grows, mastering the bandwidth of technologies and understanding the most meaningful way to combine and apply them is essential.
AVL turns challenges into opportunities and helps you create products that enable vehicle concepts with very flexible integration solutions and excellent driving behaviors. We combine the best elements of conventional development workflow with a full portfolio of robust simulation and analysis practices. Efficient component, powertrain and vehicle testing and validation methods deliver a comprehensive, holistic process.
Covering everything from fuel economy and emissions to cost, performance and driveability, our tools and processes can be tailored to your needs. Market analysis, vehicle attribute simulation and electrical and electronic system integration are configurable to yourneeds.
Whether it is the calibration and benchmarking of plug-in, extended rage, battery electric or fuel cell electric vehicles and their control systems, we have solutions for you, including:
- Electric propulsion system simulation – thermal, mechanical and controls
- System development, including software
- Range extender system design
- Electric drive component requirement engineering and supplier technical management
- Plug-in, extended range, battery electric or fuel cell vehicle demonstrators (powertrain system design, vehicle build, calibration and fuel economy test)
- Comprehensive vehicle system testing, including regulatory tests, cold, hot, altitude, NVH, durability and EMC
Why Partner with AVL?
With more than 70 years of industry experience, AVL has the expertise, tools and infrastructure to help you manage the complexity of electrified propulsion system development. Innovative, modular solutions enable you to integrate the latest technology into your products and workflow.
- Cost-sensitive product and quality planning
- Model-based system and component development
- Function development and system integration
- Use of synergy effects for the best overall system performance and reliability
- Efficient use case-based system verification