AVL DynoPerform - Load systems for Engine Testing
Load system with eddy current dynamometers
Benefits at a Glance
- Excellent full-range torque and speed control stability
- No air gap adjustment required
- Very fast loading and unloading thanks to an IGBT full bridge power unit
- High permissible coupling weights
- The cradle mounting enables an easy calibration of the dynamometer with lever and weights
The Eddy current dynamometer is a cradled dyno. The reaction force of the brake torque is measured with a strain gauge-based load cell.
The measuring accuracy is influenced by the linearity of the load cell and the hysteresis of the dyno. The torque measuring system is calibrated by a leaver and dead weights. The measuring error of the load cell can be compensated by the measuring amplifier.
- Steady-state and transient applications
- R&D for engines and components
- Tests for fuel and lubrication oil