Mechanical Development and Validation
AVL offers Design Verification and Validation Programs (DVP) based on AVL mechanical development test procedures and tailored for the specific powertrain application to meet the reliability and durability targets within an optimized development time.
- Integrated approach of CAE and Testing for Verification
- Optimized functional development test approach based on AVL test procedures
- Implementation of specialized AVL measurement competences
- Accelerated durability test programs on testbed and in vehicle validation
- Durability test program optimization based on AVL Load Matrix
There is a closed loop approach to optimize development steps by employing the early involvement of analytical tools in the test program definition. Continuous development target allocation is based on performance indices derived from long term experience in automotive, commercial and off-highway development programs. The standardized test programs are combined with AVL specific development methodologies (DVP, Load Matrix) for adjustments to customer-specific targets. We also offer leading expertise in the friction analysis based on AVL testbed solution and engineering experience.
The following projects and tasks have been performed in the mechanical development and validation department:
- CO2 reduction programs minimizing friction auxiliary system losses
- Passenger car mechanical development programs from concept verification up to SOP
- Heavy-duty truck engine functional development and durability testing
- Exhaust gas aftertreatment system (SCR & DPF) verification and in-vehicle validation for EU6 and Tier 4 applications
- In-vehicle validation programs for heavy duty truck development programs.
- E-car development program definition
- Fuel cell verification and validation program optimization
- Off-highway engine durability testing and validation program optimisation for Tier 4
- Implementation of data monitoring systems for EPA07 and EPA10 in-vehicle validation
- Component and system development and validation
- Troubleshooting activities of all powertrain systems worldwide
- Research activities in materials, honing processes, friction
Benefits at a Glance
AVL Mechanical Development and Validation Department offers tailored solutions for optimised development programs with a high integration of CAE and statistical methods in the testing and validation process.
- Design Verification and Validation Plan (DVP) and AVL Test Procedures Catalogue
- Combination of Mechanical Development experience with AVL testbed solutions
- Mechanical Development specific measurement techniques
- Accelerated Durability Testing for engines, transmissions, exhaust gas aftertreatment, hybrid and E-systems
- AVL Load Matrix validation experience– Leading method in validation optimization
- Friction measurement competence (high level strip down, friction database, floating liner engine)
- Trouble shooting competence (Damage analysis, Failure Tree..)