The AVL Acoustic Engineering team supports our customers and provides the latest NVH development tools and methodologies, NVH facilities and engineering capabilities to develop individual solutions for and together with our customer.
AVL's major NVH development services are:
- Engine and Powertrain NVH Development
- Vehicle NVH Refinement
- NVH Powertrain Integration
- Vehicle and Powertrain NVH Simulation
- Sound Engineering
- NVH Software and Methodology Development
The excellent know-how and innovative ideas as well as the strong link of the NVH team to other skill teams within AVL, ensures a successful outcome for each and every project and generates an additional benefit for our customers.
In order to support our engineers during NVH development, AVL have developed specialized NVH tools. These tools are designed and implemented under the lead of acoustic engineers to meet the engineer's needs. Please find a detailed description of our tools in the "Acoustic Engineering Tools" section.
Benefits at a Glance
The experienced team with specialists for engine, powertrain and vehicle NVH as well as the long history of acoustic development makes AVL an experienced partner for all your acoustic tasks throughout the development process.
- Confidence and reliability through production-feasible, cost-effective and proven NVH solutions
- AVL's in-house research and strong involvement in national and EU research projects supports a view beyond present technology horizons
- An experienced partner for NVH simulation and experimental acoustic development
- Know-how transfer to your resident engineers
- Complete confidentiality for all our projects
- Second opinion from an independent partner
- Close cooperation through manifold AVL engineering centres worldwide with on-site support of highly qualified staff
- Project work in close cooperation between OEM's, AVL and sub-suppliers as well as integration of project work in the OEM development process
- Customized work packages for every scope – from small troubleshooting to large scale projects, from concept up to SOP
- The unique competence synergies of AVL's three business areas - Advanced Simulation Technologies, Powertrain Engineering and Instrumentation and Test Systems provides the basis for each NVH project
Acoustic Engineering for Passenger Cars
Acoustic Engineering for Hybrid Vehicles
Acoustic Engineering for Heavy Duty On-Road Vehicles
Acoustic Engineering for Construction Equipment
Acoustic Engineering for Tractors
Acoustic Engineering for Electrification
Acoustic Engineering for Compact Engines and 2 Wheelers
Acoustic Engineering for Large Engines
Acoustic Engineering Tools