AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Test Bed Operator
|Europe: United Kingdom|
|Department:||Instrumentation and Test Systems|
AVL Powertrain UK Ltd is currently seeking a Test Bed Operator for our brand-new advanced research Technical Centre in Coventry. Our engineers work with leading edge tools and technologies to develop world class products. We develop our people to be experts in both the underlying powertrain technologies and the tools that enable their development. AVL Powertrain UK Ltd offers a competitive joining salary and benefits package including private medical insurance and a pension scheme, as well as the opportunity to develop your technical expertise. We pride ourselves on our multicultural and supportive work environment within our state-of-the-art testing facility.
- Installation of Unit Under Test (UUT) on advanced test beds of varying types
- Regular servicing and repairs of components and powertrains
- Operating facility and test equipment in line with work instructions
- First line fault identification on the UUT and test cell
- Ensuring the facility is clean and tidy at all times
- Assist mechanical technicians on a day-to-day basis to ensure efficient operations
- To ensure processes are worked to and maintained ensuring high quality and customer value
- Ensure customer engine test programs are completed with high levels of efficiency
- To identify inefficiencies in current process and deliver improvements
- You may be required to do other work within your capability which the company may require from time to time
- An apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering and relevant technical experience
- Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
- Experience of operating a modern automated test cell
- Knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics
- Excellent practical skills with a good manual dexterity
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on prototype powertrains
- Knowledge and experience of using test cell instrumentation and external measurement devices
- Knowledge of powertrain test control systems and ancillary equipment such as combustion and emissions measurement
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency preferably with a European Computer Driving License
- Willing and able to travel
- Master mechanics are also highly welcome
If an offer of employment is made, applicants are required to undergo a DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the company reserves the right to withdraw its offer in the event that the applicant has unspent criminal convictions.
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team.