AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth – Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
AVL is looking for a Fabricator to add to our Lake Forest, California team. Qualified candidates should be able to operate necessary machinery including the lathe, welding, milling operations, and should be very experienced in component fabrication. A background in automotive assembly is required. Candidates should have at least 3 years of experience, however, 5 years of experience is preferred. The Fabricator sets up and operates fabrication devices to prep engines for testing. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
- Conducts routine maintenance on equipment, vehicles, etc. following established schedules and procedures.
- Fabricates equipment and testing apparatus components following blueprints, engineering schematics, equipment manuals, handwritten or drawn notes.
- Engages in safe work practices and advises supervisor on improvements to test equipment fabrication, installation, and operation to ensure a safe laboratory operation.
- Operates test cell, if necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- One to five years continuing education, or trade school and/or related experience is required
- Must be able to read and follow schematics; equipment manuals; blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Has knowledge of tasks associated with the technical work area; technical jargon; welding equipment
- Crane training
- Forklift training
- Hazardous communication training
- Lock out/tag out training
- Personal protective equipment training
- Compressed gas training
- SPCC training
- Hazardous waste training
- Process water system awareness training
- Exhaust system awareness training
- Welding training
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4301