Comprehensive system optimization utilizing synergy effects between the single powertrain elements provides leading edge technology with most attractive trade-off between cost, performance / driveability and fuel economy / CO2.
- Upfront system configuration incl. concept definition & operation strategies
- Design & simulation, prototype procurement & manufacturing
- Supplier management, production & plant engineering
- Combustion, exhaust gas aftertreatment & mechanical development
- Reliability engineering & warranty cost prediction
- Control strategy & software development
- Calibration, driveabilty & NVH optimization
- Production launch & worldwide field support
Benefits at a Glance
AVL is an independent engineering services company with no high volume production intentions. Our long-term expertise in the field of powertrain development and excellent relationship to most automotive suppliers enable AVL to be an ideal partner for the development of advanced powertrain propulsion systems. The experienced team has developed powertrain solutions for OEMs that range from powertrain concept design (including demonstration vehicle builds) through series production. Additionally, internal research projects guarantee a head start in the field of new and advanced technologies. Results are innovative solutions for the end customer.
- Recognized expertise in the five elements of powertrain: internal combustion engines, transmissions, batteries, software/controls, and electric motors
- Expertise in Passenger Car powertrain systems that combines powertrain components into and integrated electrified system optimized to meet zero emissions and CO2E/Fuel Consumption reduction targets
- Global AVL. The AVL worldwide network of technical centers and affiliates are strategically placed to meet your global and regional engineering needs
- With over 65 years of powertrain experience, AVL offers custom and robust powertrain solutions
- Full service: Passenger Car solutions that are created with Advanced Simulation Technologies and Instrumentation and Test Systems
Related Elements & Systems
More than 400 development projects in the last 10 years. Due to confidentiality reasons only very few projects are allowed to be communicated e.g. : Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Bugatti, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, Mahindra, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Rover, Ssangyong, Volvo.