AVL HyPer 200 concept engine - Combustion Development
Modularity, high specific output and RDE-2 compatible
AVL HyPer 200 concept engine
TGDI High performance demonstrator
Find a modular high-performance engine concept
- Which engine concept fulfills my needs best in terms of high performance, efficiency and cost?
- Can an existing engine family be upgraded to achieve high performance output?
- How to solve emission challenges and improve fuel consumption?
- Which boosting system can push performance further?
The AVL Solution
- 1.75l GDI TC engine delivering 349 kW (474 HP) @ 8000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 422 Nm (30.5 bar BMEP) @ 7000 rpm
- NEW: Water injection for RDE: lambda 1 operation up to 170 kW/l
- Reinforced crankshaft, con rods, pistons
- New cylinder head cooling concept
- New cylinder head material
- Updated combustion system
- New fuel injection system layout (350 bar)
- Revised valve train
- Bi-turbo charging with two-stage series compressor
- 12V / 48V DC/DC converter
- Electric Supercharger 48V
- Optimised periphery
The Added Value
- New technologies such as two-stage series compressor offer a wide range compressor map providing high boost pressure with excellent efficiency.
- Such technology can be utilized for aggressive Millerisation, improving fuel economy further.
- The extremely challenging time frame – less than one year from concept to first presentation of driveable vehicle – was achieved with a highly motivated team and a great spirit.