AVL Internal Combustion Engine Solutions - Engine
AVL Internal Combustion Engine Solutions
Professional product validation preparing for high production quality is equally important as superior engine technology developed in the prototype phase. In this context, it is essential that the development partner thoroughly knows the powertrain business from concept to the start of production, and integrates vehicle development as well as production planning.
The ever-increasing complexity of modern vehicle powertrains requires optimum coordination of all resources. In an efficient and cost-oriented development process, the interfaces between research & development, simulation and instrumentation & test systems are of paramount strategic importance.
Recognized worldwide, AVL's competence is based on more than 60 years of experience in the development and optimization of diesel and gasoline engines and additionally benefits from the synergies with its simulation software development group and the test instrumentation division.
With this unique symbiosis of core technology, applications know-how and process knowledge, AVL meets the ever-rising demands for quality despite the need to reduce development times and costs.
- Production and market focus in concept finding
- Proven technologies meeting end consumer requirements
- Efficient approach through a combination of predictive engineering methods and modern test systems
- Flexible response to changing development parameters
- Generic engine development process for best integration of all resources
- Interaction with vehicle development and production planning
Benefits at a Glance
AVL dedicates about 10% of its annual turnover to continuous investments in research & development. As a result, AVL can always rely on latest technology and thus provide powertrain solutions, which are proven in practice and ready for series production.
It is this highly efficient synergy between all these fields, which finally sets AVL apart as the development partner of your choice.
- Low development risk and time
- Seamless engineering partnership
- Best performance vehicles meeting driveability, acoustic and emission requirements
- Access to latest technology
- Production feasible and reliable solutions
Within the last decades, AVL has been involved in more than 2000 engine development projects on a global customer base. Due to AVL´s confidentiality commitment, AVL generally does not disclose specific development projects of any customer.