Engine - Test and Validate
Over 4000 installations globally and more than 40 years' experience
This leads to a very specific population of test systems for the
- Emission Certification and
of combustion engines.
Viewing the complete development cycle of a vehicle or machinery, development tools used before the prototype phase (e.g. simulation) and systems used for system integration (e.g: Vehicle testing) requires a consistency of data and information for the engineers throughout all those development environments – This is a core philosophy the testing tools for engines blend in.
The unique combination of willingness to innovation and decades of experience in creating development and testing solutions leads to a system portfolio which will be always one step ahead of the state of the art. The AVL in-house partnership with Powertrain Engineering is a constant drive for further enhancing AVL's testing systems and integrated methodology know how.
Benefits at a Glance
- Great breadth of experience resulting from more than 4000 test system installations
- Consistency between AVL test systems via the integrated open development platform
- Easy expansion of existing testbed applications e.g. hybridization upgrade
- Uniform development environment from lab to rig to road
- High precision of measurement and reproducible measurement results
- Precise Steady State Testing up to high dynamic Test Profile Execution