Engine and Dyno Controller
AVL EMCON Standalone Advanced
The AVL EMCON Standalone Advanced has an ergonomically designed operating panel and the same control I/O as the BME 400. The AVL EMCON 400 Standalone Advanced includes a runtime environment to execute MATLAB® Simulink®-based real-time applications created with AVL ARTE.Lab™ on the same controller HW. The real-time applications can be started individually or automatically with EMCON 400 Standalone.
An EMCON Standalone Advanced Web Client enables the parameterization of the controller by using the standard browser on an office PC, or directly on the controller workstation. The Web Client provides a number of intuitive and user-friendly GUIs to edit some of the most frequently used EMCON database arrays.
Benefits at a Glance
- Features as of Standalone BME 400
- Full support of combustion engine control
- Fast controller parameterization due to user-friendly GUI
- Online graph for support of controller tuning
- Execution of customer-specific MATLAB®/Simulink®-based real-time models on same EMCON Standalone Advanced HW
- Automatic real-time model integration on the EMCON Standalone Advanced HW
- Upgrade of control system to be integrated into AVL PUMA Open
The control software operates on powerful INTEL™ hardware with an INtime® real-time operating system. It uses the same control I/O as the BME 400 and the AVL automation system PUMA OpenTM. As the same hardware is used, a direct upgrade path to AVL PUMA OpenTM is available.
As well as the BME 400, the EMCON Standalone Advanced can be connected to all types of testbed automation systems by means of different hybrid or digital interfaces. At the same time, parameterization of the controller is possible by using the standard web browser on the office PC connected via Ethernet. The MATLAB® Simulink®-based real-time applications can be automatically integrated while model start/stop and online parameterization is managed via a common application desktop.