AVL BLOW BY METER™ - Testing Solutions for Passenger Cars
Master the leak
AVL BLOW BY METER™
Blow By Measurement System
- How to minimize errors which might influence test results?
- What can be done to fully cover the amplitude of different testing applications?
- Why are high-end interfaces required along with a minimum of instrumentation?
The AVL Solution
- The widest measurement range on the market for best fit into different engine applications
- Quick and easy integration with proven and functional architecture.
- Specifically designed orifice and damper guaranteeing excellent accuracy and reliability.
- Proven and mature components ensuring a minimum of maintenance effort and reduced testbed downtime.
- A user interface that is fully embedded into the PUMA automation system to ensure intuitive operation along with quick and easy parametrization.
The Added Value
AVL, the blow by pioneer with decades of blow by measurement and application competence.
- Up to 50% reduced set-up time
- >90% higher accuracy due to specifically designed orifice and damper
- Up to 85% time saving due to professional on-site calibration
- Trusted technology based on > 8000 units sold and a market share above 70%
AVL BLOW BY METER 442S
0.2 … 2,400 l/min
≤ 1.5 % FSO
Step response time
< 20 ms
Up to 500 Hz
Up to 500 Hz
|Voltage Supply||24 VDC|
Power Consumption (max)
Dimensions (W × H × D)
268 × 378 × 107.5 mm
*) With different sensors
For the determination of blow-by flow the orifice measurement principle (differential pressure measurement procedure) is used. A neck (orifice) in the tube cross-section provokes a pressure drop that is measured by means of a differential pressure sensor. The shape of the orifice of the AVL Blow By Meter means that it, on the one hand, ensures the accuracy in both flow directions and, on the other, prevents condensation at the orifice that might modify the cross-section. The selected shape of the orifice allows for a broad dynamic range of 1:50.