AVL serial development of engine derivatives - Engine
AVL serial development of engine derivatives
Engineering in-time, in-cost, in-quality
AVL has extended its comprehensive experience in new engine development to the development of engine derivatives in order to respond to the ever more severe emission legislations.
- How can we manage increasing complexity in powertrain and engine variants?
- How can we reduce the time-to-market?
Diverse and strict CO2 and emission legislations
- Who can provide sustainable solutions without risk?
- How can localization of engines be managed at reasonable cost?
The AVL Solution
AVL offers a proven range of collaboration models - from execution of single tasks up to comprehensive takeover of serial development projects. AVL applies these models from engine and transmission to batteries and combines these elements to a complete powertrain, ensuring its integration into the vehicle.
Development and continuous target management for:
- Fuel consumption & Emissions
- Durability & Reliability
- Driveability & NVH
- Packaging & Weight
- Production feasibility
- Serial cost & quality
- Serviceability & maintenance leads to enhanced product maturity in each development phase
The Added Value
Proven competence in numerous global serial development projects.
- Comprehensive takeover of serial development tasks and responsibilities
- Seamless integration into OEM development and quality processes
- Highly qualified global and local teams closely cooperating with OEM and suppliers
- Strong technical expertise on component, system and vehicle level
- Reliable achievement of deliverables and quality targets assured by experienced project management
- Profound experience in industrialization and cost optimization
- Broad knowledge of global supplier base and longtime relationship with key suppliers