AVL FIRE™ Engine
AVL FIRE™ Engine is a specifically tailored CFD solution supporting the development and optimization of IC engines and engine components.
Due to its unique in-depth modeling capabilities, AVL FIRE™ Engine is the CFD solution of choice when analyzing and optimization IC engine-related fluid flow tasks, such as the flow in injection nozzles, fuel injection, combustion, emission formation, heat transfer and exhaust gas aftertreatment.
Benefits at a Glance
- Highly realistic 3D CFD simulation.
- Dedicated to solve IC engine-related development tasks.
- Accurate, validated models and proven simulation methods.
- Strong process automation and high simulation performance support design studies improving product quality and maturity.
- Result analysis tailored to solve engineering tasks.
What FIRE™ Engine Simulates
- Single phase flows
- Eulerian and Lagrangian multiphase flows
- Species transport and general gas phase reactions
- Combustion and emissions deploying intrinsic models
- Physics and chemistry in exhaust aftertreatment systems
- Thin films
- Flows in porous media
- Flows in systems with and without moving boundaries
- Heat transfer
AVL FIRE™ is deployed by all leading automotive OEMs, but the best reference we can provide is AVL's own CAE Service team, which performs CFD Simulation as a customer service and as a service for in-house research and development projects. In parallel with the continuous development and improvement of numerical, physical and chemical simulation models, this project work is a unique contribution to the reliability, accuracy and performance of AVL FIRE™.