Proven Development Platform for Efficient Vehicle Testing
The development of modern vehicles with extremely complex powertrain concepts puts high requirements on new development and validation methods with the associated tools. In order to save costs and reduce development times, road tests are increasingly being transferred to vehicle testbeds and replaced by simulation. Transferability and a balance between the individual test environments (off-line simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, component testbed, vehicle testbed, road, etc.) must be guaranteed.
AVL vehicle testbeds, with their high accuracy and user-friendly measurement and control automation technology (PUMA Open for Vehicle Testing) plus AVL tools AVL Inmotion powered by CarMaker, AVL CAMEO™ with the tool chain for ACT (Automated Calibration of Transmission) and the measurement system AVL M.O.V.E PEMS fulfill the latest demands of modern and future R & D tasks as well as a rational development process. These available tools and features provide a seamless transition for all recent development in hybrid or electric vehicle testing as well as all requirements related to frontloading from the road to the rig and finally to simulation.
Proven and reliable vehicle testing platforms are provided for all main development topics:
- Mileage accumulation testing
- Performance & consumption testing
- Advanced applications 4x4 (e. g. torque/speed vectoring)
- Wint tunnel testing
- Noise, vibration and harshness testing (NVH)
Electromagnetic compatibility testing (EMC)
Benefits at a Glance
- Uniform control concept in combination with exemplary data management ensures rational vehicle development and validation
- Development of advanced driver assistance systems by free maneuver, road and traffic definitions
- Analysis of different (virtual and reproducible) driver types in connection with operating strategies
- Professional cooperation with planning engineers and construction companies