The increasing complexity of modern powertrains is placing increasing demands on the Instrumentation and Test Systems. Parallel development activities of key powertrain components (combustion engine, hybrid engine, transmission, etc.) require transmission and drivetrain testing activities at the earliest possible stage. To ensure this, the Test System must precisely emulate the real engine. For testing transmissions and drivetrains various system solutions are requested conducting the testing tasks with consistency between all the different Systems.
With decades of experience, AVL provides a wide range of Solutions for developing and testing modern powertrain Systems from transmission testbeds to drivetrain testbeds for various powertrain configurations. AVL is the only Company in the world to combine competence in powertrain design with competence in state-of-the-art measurement and testing technology for Light-, Mid- & Heavy Duty vehicles.
Various system solutions available for:
- Transmission and Drivetrain Endurance
- Drivetrain Performance
- Transmission and Drivetrain Verification
- Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH)
- Shiftability Optimization
Benefits at a Glance
- Great breadth of experience from more than 300 test system installations
- Consistency between AVL test systems via integrated open development platform
- Uniform development environment from lab to rig to road
- High precision of measurement and reproducible measurement results