ePDiM20 - ePDiM20 - Content - AVL UK
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The coronavirus pandemic is profoundly changing the daily life of each and every one of us. As a globally active company constantly aware of its responsibility, AVL recognised the seriousness of the situation and immediately took several measures that are necessary to protect our employees and, of course, our customers and suppliers.
Due to these far-reaching precautionary measures and the guidance of the British Government, eProduct Development in Motion 2020 scheduled for 4th June unfortunately has to be postponed.
New event date:
27th October 2020, at The Manufacturing Technology Centre, Coventry.
Further details will follow in the coming months but if you have any questions, please contact our events team, E-mail and phone contacts are listed below.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and look forward to seeing you later this year.
Product Development in Motion traditionally highlights the trends and technologies you need to know today across a programme of keynote speeches, workshops and a connected expo to support the development of future mobility across all sectors, including:
- ADAS and Connected Vehicle Development
- Virtual Validation
- Future of the combustion engine
As the degree of electrification will increase in all Powertrains we decided this year to call the event ePDiM.
1. Many new, partly also all-electric powertrains are on the road already and feedback from the customers is coming in
2. The combustion engine is seeing a second life via significant technical improvements on the engine itself and electrical components being able to help overcome the shortcomings of pure combustion powertrains leading to a “zoo of hybrids”. So what will be the mix between even further combustion engine development, hybrid and pure electric?
3. The demand to connect the vehicle to its environment and assist or totally replace the driver. Nobody knows today what the complete “AD/ADAS lab” will look like - but powerful first steps are being made, and for sure this “lab” is also on public roads.
4. Inevitably the call for virtual validation to broaden the validation funnel, do validation earlier in the process and cheaper will only be stronger when reading all of the above.
Whilst the benefits of the new technologies in safety, consumption, performance, emission and convenience are enormous the automotive industry as a whole faces the challenge of taking decisions, develop safe and cost-effective reliable solutions - all at the same time with literally the same teams and budgets.
This means the field of product development is in motion - PDiM20 looks at the trends you need to know. Let us know what you want to hear and see there.
The conference is free of charge
Conference language: English
- Coombe Abbey Hotel Coventry
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Coventry
Address: Lloyds Bank Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre (AMTC), Ansty Park, Coventry, CV7 9JU (sat nav CV7 9RD)
Main reception telephone number: 02476 701 600
Located on the campus of the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) at Ansty Park, Coventry, MTC Conferences & Events is easily accessible via a number of ways:
By car: located directly off the M6, Junction 2
By train: approximately 6 miles away from Coventry railway station. The Ansty Park X30 bus travels via Coventry railway station
The AMTC allows access from 7am.
Onsite parking is available free of charge. Delegate parking is located at the front and side of the AMTC building. Access to the car park is controlled by a security barrier. When leaving the car park, delegates will need to drive up to the barrier which will lift on approach.