8th International Symposium on Development Methodology - 8th International Symposium on Development Methodology - Content - AVL Deutschland und Benelux
New Times! New Challenges! New Methods?!
8th International Symposium on Development Methodology
On November 12th and 13th, 2019, the 8th International Symposium on Development Methodology will take place, focusing on the field of vehicle and powertrain development. The event is organized by AVL together with the Institute for Internal Combustion Engines and Powertrain Systems of the Technical University Darmstadt.
New Times and New Challenges – this describes the current situation the powertrain development industry is facing. How will individual mobility look like in the coming years and what types of powertrain concepts will coexist? What are the right methodical approaches to master these challenges? RDE and the increasing electrification of powertrains are the main drivers in technological development, what will come in addition and where will it lead us?
We also experience dynamic developments in the commercial vehicle and offroad sector. One thing is for sure – Methods will play an essential role for all solutions. Therefore we choose New Times! New Challenges! New Methods?! as the theme for the 2019 symposium.
Main topics of this event
- Development methodology from practice for the development and validation of conventional and electrified powertrain (best practice from system development, simulation, approach, calibration, modeling and optimization).
- Digitalization / virtualization / simulation
- Shifting testing and validation from the road to test benches and the virtual world: Connecting of the virtual world with the real development environment, simulation and DigitalTwin.
- Development methodology for current legislative or technology issues, e.g. RDE (Real Driving Emissions).
- Connecting of various components in the vehicle and the vehicle with the environment as well as automated and/or autonomous driving with driver assistance systems.
- Methodical approaches in the area of Big Data – potential to increase efficiency, reduce costs and control complexity.
Why should I participate in this event?
- Tailor-made event: A unique event with target-oriented issues and practical experiences for people involved with development methodology in vehicle and powertrain development.
- Comprehensive and compact: Get up-to-date in just two days and find out about new trends and developments in development methodology.
- First-hand theoretical and practical knowledge: Learn more and directly from the users about development methods and how to adapt the methods to changing requirements.
- Starting and expanding networks: Take the opportunity to get in touch with selected professionals and establish contacts. A network for professional exchange and career development that you can come back on!
- Key issues and discussion platform with relevance for users and managers in vehicle and powertrain development.
On the evening of November 12th, 2019, we would like to spend a special evening with you. We look forward to your participation.
All fees include proceedings, catering and evening program (plus VAT).
€ 1100,- Registration fee
€ 975,- if you register before July 26st, 2019 (early bird discount)
€ 550,- for members of universities (limited)
€ 220,- for students (limited)
free of charge for Speakers
Terms of payment:
30 days from date of invoice, net
The registration fee will be reimbursed (minus € 70,- for administrative costs – students € 20,- – plus VAT) provided that a written cancellation is received by September 27th, 2019 (postal date). Cancellations after this date will result in the forfeit of the full registration fee.
German and English (simultaneous translation)
Subsidized participation for students:
Students have the possibility to apply for a complimentary participation subsidized by the following companies: Daimler, Denso, Valeo Siemens, VW and AVL (limited number of seats).
Please address any inquiries relating to papers to:
AVL Deutschland GmbH
AVL List GmbH
Kreuzberger Ring 24
Phone: +49 611 335496-0
Please address any organizational questions to:
AVL Deutschland GmbH
Phone: +49 6134 7179-453
The quality of the technical papers is guaranteed by the Programme Committee.
We would like to thank:
Call for Papers
Would you like to contribute to the development of the leading platform for development methodology with around 250 participants? Then apply for a Call for Paper and contribute to the success of the symposium. We kindly ask to submit abstracts for the following, exemplary topics.
Main focus will be methodology development and application in the context of:
- Conventional Powertrains
- Electrification / Fuel Cell
New Times – what are today’s main drivers for vehicle development?
- Climatic Change / CO2 Reduction – Zero Impact Emissions
- Productivity / Decrease in usage of prototypes / cost
- Efficiency vs Effectiveness
- Connected Vehicles / Software over the Air / Data Security
- Automated / autonomous driving
- Powertrain-Mix / Diversity of concepts
- Big Data / Cloud / Data Security
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning
- Connectivity / Internet of Things
- Disruptive changes / Changes in competition / New Player Entry
New Challenges – which challenges do today’s main drivers lead to?
- What will stay? What has to change?
- Technology / Legislation
- Robust Solutions
- Affordable Mobility
- Variant Management
- Re-Use / Modularity
- Freight traffic concepts / Logistic-Concepts
- Live cycle
- Craddle to Grave
- Field tests a spart of development process
- Zero Impact Emissions
- Human Being
- War for Talent
- Agile Organisationen
- Qualification & Change in work profiles
New methods – which methodology based approaches will help to master the challenges?
- Model Based Development & Validation
- Field data anaylsis
- Robust solutions
- Digitalisation / Digital Twin / Big Data
- Virtualisation / Simulation
- System Engineering
- Requirements Engineering
- Funtion orientated development
- Functional Safety
- Project Management 2.0
- Customers expectations vs legislation
- Make or Buy
- End of Life
We are looking forward to receiving your abstract with a maximum of 3000 characters, including title, authors, co-authors and company names as well as contact details. Please send it to the contact below by 1st of March, 2019, at the latest:
AVL Deutschland GmbH
Mr. Willi Klemens
Tel.: +49-6134-7179 453
The sponsors are supporting free participation for students. If you are interested in networking and access to expert knowledge please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to our sponsors!
Application criteria and selection process:
Subsidized places are applicable for Bachelor and Master students focusing on the topics of vehicle engineering, combustion engines or comparable subjects.
Applications should contain a motivation letter, a confirmation of matriculation as well as certificates of completed examinations. If applications are on a par, further selection will be based on a “first-come, first-served” principle.
All submitted applications will be evaluated by the program committee. By submitting applications, students agree to these rules and eligibility requirements, especially that AVL may forward submitted documents to the organizations mentioned above. Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.
Closing date for submission of application is the 27th of September 2019.
Please submit your papers to the following email address: email@example.com.