AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth – Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
Application Engineer II - iGEM Emissions (#2019-2396)
AVL Test Systems is looking to add an Application Engineer to the team with 7 - 10 years of automation equipment experience. This position will commission test systems and integrate subsystems to meet complex testing requirements. In addition, the Application Engineer will troubleshoot complex problems and develop solutions with appropriate input. Qualified candidates must be able to take charge of projects once on-site and drive to completion while working with Project Managers to manage cost and time estimates. This position provides the opportunity to have ownership of large complex test systems. Strong communication skills are required. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
- Commission test systems and integrate subsystems to meet complex testing requirements. Troubleshoot complex problems and develop solutions with appropriate input. Must be able to take charge of projects once on-site and drive to completion while working with Project Manager to managed to cost and time estimates. Ownership of large complex test systems.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with customers.
- Commission test cells including:
- Set-up and troubleshoot test and measurement systems
- Implement and tune complex control loops
- Integrate auxiliary equipment into test system
- Set-up monitoring and control of relevant safeties
- Create commissioning documentation
- Provide training on system applications.
- Obtain customer sign-off
- Write and implement custom tests.
- Provide sales technical support.
- Provide project engineering technical support.
- Help desk consultation.
- Develop and present training.
- Emissions testing methodology knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with automotive emissions legislation preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 7 - 10+ years experience in test automation equipment preferred.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical processes.
- Experience with emissions bench, fuel measurement systems and ECU/PCM controllers.
- Able to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Background in internal combustion engine theory and operation.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PC operation, structure, MS Windows, and computer networking required.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4301