AVL North America - AVL North America
AVL North America
AVL North America offers combined solutions of testing and instrumentation systems, propulsion engineering, and simulation software.
- AVL Test Systems, Inc. supplies the best simulation, measurement and testing technology at every stage, from initial prototype development to the full production cycle.
- AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. development facilities and expert engineers enable AVL to conduct a full range of projects from simple analysis of detailed powertrain aspects to total engine concept design and development.
- AVL Advanced Simulation Technologies provides comprehensive simulation tools in a flexible and open environment enabling multi-disciplinary solutions as integral part of your development process.
Test Systems, Inc.
47603 Halyard Drive
Powertrain Eng. &
47519 Halyard Drive
California Technology Center
25111 Arctic Ocean Drive
Ann Arbor Technology Center
1801 E. Ellsworth Road
Vehicle Development Center
45700 Mast St.
AVL Test Systems, Inc.
AVL Test Systems, Inc. provides powertrain testing and simulation solutions to the North American market. We offer a full range of products and support services that meets a variety of testing needs, such as electrification, ADAS/AD, emissions, and validation.
With the resources of a global company as well as local, technical expertise, our experts have the ability to meet our North American customers' needs quickly and efficiently. We provide local support of all AVL equipment and tools, develop products and create custom software. Our team handles (1) project management and test system engineering, (2) service and support, (3) manufacturing, (4) specification of solutions, and (5) advanced application solutions.
We are committed to serving our customers with services such as:
- AVL Hotline - respond quickly to questions
- Systems Integration - coordinate all sub-contractors
- Project Management - integrate AVL systems into new and existing testing environments
- Application Support - customize applications to maximize benefit
- Full training program - increase productivity when using AVL technology
AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc
AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. is the leading mobility design and development consultancy in North America. From initial feasibility studies to complete turnkey programs, we have the experts, technology and facilities to meet any mobility challenge.
With more than 5 facilities across North America and hundreds of well-trained, innovative staff, our experts have built local partnerships with our customers, including local and global automotive and powertrain OEM's as well as component/system suppliers.
PEI has three technical centers across the United States with 22 test sites for engine/transmission/powertrain development and testing. Specifically designed for battery pack and e-motor development and testing, our Ann Arbor New Energy Lab and California Tech Center have dedicated battery test cells as well as a vehicle fabrication areas. At these facilities, our experts perform a wide range of powertrain development tasks to meet each customers' unique needs.
AVL Advanced Simulation Technologies
AVL Advanced Simulation Technologies provides a comprehensive suite of simulation tools to the world's leading mobility companies. Our highly validated, state-of-the-art physics-based simulation models are an integral part of the development process.
We partner with our North American customers to develop multi-disciplinary solutions. Our simulation experts prioritize customer training and methodology development to teach users how to get the most value from their AVL simulation tools.
Our embedded simulation models enable virtual prototyping on both the component and system level for an efficient combination of simulation, design and testing.
Being a part of the AVL team offers you many career opportunities. We often have a need for specialists and experts with the following education and/or experience:
- Calibration Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Simulation Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Electrical and Vehicle Integration Engineer
- Electrification Engineer
- Controls Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Chief Engineer
AVL looks for the following characteristics in its employees:
- Highly technical aptitude and/or scientific qualification
- Ability to perform tasks creatively and efficiently
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Previous automotive experience and/or internships encouraged
Please apply online here: AVL's open jobs.
Should there be a suitable opportunity, qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with AVL.