Definition of Key Performance Indicator for Simulation Execution in Real-Time Applications - Definition of Key Performance Indicator for Simulation Execution in Real-Time Applications - Master and PhD Thesis
Definition of Key Performance Indicator for Simulation Execution in Real-Time Applications
Hardware-in-the-loop simulation and simulation at the testbed are comprehensive methods which are extensively used to perform various type of powertrain and vehicle development tasks. Simulation models tailored for these tasks have to address specific applications they are assigned for, therefore have different complexity levels. Selecting computationally efficient real-time execution configuration such as hard real-time or soft-real time are directly linked to computational performance of simulation models which needs to be identified using key performance indicators.
AVL is looking for a highly motivated student who wants to write his/her Master’s Thesis in this field in close collaboration to AVL.
- Definition of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to identify the simulation model real-time execution performance by using objective metrics.
- Definition of use-cases addressing different type of application using different simulation models of different complexity level.
- Define Objective Benchmark test-cases to measure KPI.
- Associate different HiL methodologies such as Soft Real-time & Hard Real-time to suitable simulation model complexities using identified KPI.
- Studies of Electrical Telematics, Control, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Basic understanding of passenger car powertrains, control systems and simulation.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink,
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary team,
- Good command of English.
- The successful completion of the thesis is a one-time fee of EUR 2.500, - gross remuneration