AVL Emission Testing Handbook - 2016
First overview of different emission test and measurement methods that are commonly used in engine, powertrain and vehicle development. While for R&D work all technically possible methods can be used, only certain methods are accepted for engine or vehicle type approval tests.
- Every emission legislations consist of two main parts. The first deals with emission limits and the second defines how an engine or vehicle is tested and emissions are measured. The AVL Emission Testing Handbook focuses on the second part of emission legislation.
- The purpose is to give a generic overview of an engine or vehicle emission testing life cycle. It shows which emission testing and measurement methods are used in development and which methods are accepted for certification and type approval tests. Even though a handbook cannot replace familiarization with legislation and regulations, we hope to provide a structured overview for a better understanding of the differences and similarities in emission testing methods.
Table of Content
- Emission standard and technical regulations
- Vehicle/engine classification
- Engine, fuel and propulsion system characterization
- Development and testing life cycle
- Engine and vehicle test environments and measurement methods
- Emission Certification Methods
- Evaporative emission testing
For comments and notes please email to: email@example.com