Master & PhD Thesis
Master & PhD Thesis
AVL is constantly looking for creative students with a personal drive. If you want to combine theoretical and practical knowledge at an early stage and broaden your experience in the field you are interested in, then get involved!
AVL does not want to limit your creativity and interests by suggesting a list of possible topics.
Topics for your thesis must be well defined and discussed with your university supervisor before they are presented to the respective AVL department. Topics can relate to all business divisions.
What if I do not know what to write about?
We understand that finding an exact formulation of a suitable topic to write about is not always easy, especially when you do not have a lot of practical experience in the fields AVL is specialising in. AVL' s HR Department therefore offers you the opportunity to submit an essay stating your fields of interest and a rough description of the topic you want to write about. We are then willing to help you find a suitable title. Please understand however that descriptions that are too vague will not be supported.
We also can suggest some topics.
Current Diploma and Masters Thesis
AVL offers following diploma at Headquarter Graz at the moment:
- Influence of physical powertrain parameters on vehicle targets in a parallel hybrid powertrain
- Internet of Things und Smart Services: Evaluierung der Mulle Plattform
- Adaptive Control of Hybrid Operating Strategies utilizing real-time Driving Route Information
- Machbarkeitsstudie Ethanol SOFC Range Extender System für PKW Anwendungen
- Erarbeitung von Qualitätskennzahlen im Datensatzmanagement für die Serienkalibrierung
- Transfer path analysis of Gear Impacts, criteria evaluation
- Development of a fuel cell testing equipment for a determined temperature distribution
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell System Development
- Weiterentwicklung eines thermischen Modells bei Überladen oder Beschädigung von Li-Ionen Batterien (thermisches Durchgehen bzw. thermal runaway)
- Thermisches Verhalten von Baugruppen Simulation und experimentelle Verifikation
- Auslegung einer 10kW SOEC Elektrolyse Anlage
- Entwicklung einer Leichtbau- Tragstruktur zur Anbindung einer SOFC APU an ein Fahrzeug
- Modeling crack propagation with the Finite Element Software ABAQUS
Information about the application for Diploma and Masters Thesis
There is no general deadline, as master thesis are placed individually and independently throughout the year. The first contact must however be established no later than two months before you wish to start your thesis.
In order to help us understand who you are and what exactly you want to write about, we need some information. Please fill in the online application form and submit it to us. We will contact you soon thereafter in order to clarify issues and we hope to start a successful co-operation.