AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Electronics & Controls Intern
|Europe: United Kingdom|
AVL deliver engineering services in a wide range of automotive control and development activities. The project teams cover domains such as Hybrids and Transmissions as well as ADAS and Diagnostics. With the growing breadth of project activities AVL are keen to bring new talent into the business to support development in these key areas. AVL therefore offer internship positions to engineering students wishing to support these areas and seeking to develop their own technical work experience by supporting AVL’s ambitions for further growth. Please note all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK and be available to hold an intern position with AVL for a minimum period of 6 months.
- The internship students will support engineering projects conducted at AVL’s Coventry office (Warwick Science Park). Predominantly this will be to support R&D activities but may include some support to experienced engineers in delivering commercial projects. The likely areas where the students will support projects may include:
- Modelling and simulation
- Software automation activities
- Data analysis
- Creation of documentation and databases
- Vehicle testing
- Currently studying or completed an engineering degree
- A strong interest in the technical areas supported by AVL
- Excellent communication skills
- An enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to solve technical problems with appropriate guidance
- Good at structuring and prioritising own work topics
- Interest and aptitude for programming, modelling and simulation
- Confident in discussing technical subjects with peers
If an offer of employment is made, applicants are required to undergo a DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the company reserves the right to withdraw its offer in the event that the applicant has unspent criminal convictions.
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team.