AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Vehicle Simulation Engineer
|Europe: United Kingdom|
AVL is seeking a highly motivated engineer with a pro-active attitude as well as excellent problem solving skills and a solid technical engineering background. You will join a very dynamic team developing innovative technologies for conventional powertrain after-treatment electrification connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Develop, manage, and validate predictive vehicle and powertrain models to support system definition and design decisions from concept phase to start of production
- Evaluate and mature control algorithms which improve vehicle attributes such as fuel consumption, emissions, performance or durability
- Analyse realworld driving usage and test data, performing statistical analysis, and developing simplified models to understand how new technologies will be used in the field
- Support report-out and presentations to senior management
- Engineering/Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Automotive engineering knowledge
- Relevant work experience in powertrain (electrified and conventional technologies) within the automotive industry
- Solid background in mathematics, statistics and physics
- Excellent Matlab programming skills
- Strong Simulink experience for plant modelling and controls
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team and clients
- Proficient in MS Office
- Vehicle dynamic and realworld simulation tools (e.g. IPG CarMaker or SUMO)
- Systems engineering experience for product development
- Software development experience
- Experience with other powertrain modelling tools (e.g. GTpower)
- Experience in other programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Calibration/diagnostics tools experience (e.g. Vector Canalyzer, ATI Vision)
If an offer of employment is made, applicants are required to undergo a DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the company reserves the right to withdraw its offer in the event that the applicant has unspent criminal convictions.
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team.