AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Senior Software Engineer
|Europe: United Kingdom|
AVL develops software for every automotive application from transmissions to autonomous driving.AVL is seeking aSenior Software Engineer with production level experience working on basic software such as AUTOSAR andDiagnostics as well as ADAS or other automotive code bases.
- Collect and document software requirements
- Design efficient algorithms in terms of both time and space complexity
- Create readable, testable and well structure code which complies with AVL guidelines
- Set up, maintenance and enhancement of build environment and development toolset
- Interaction with internal or external customers
- Mentoring other engineers
- Contributing to and leading projects
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, an engineering discipline, or comparable qualification with relevant experience
- Understanding algorithm design and data structures
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of C or C++ programming language
- Demonstrable ability to use MatLab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Ability to work independently
- English language (spoken and written)
- Higher degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. engineering or computer science)
- Knowledge of safety as it applies to software (MISRA, ISO26262)
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR
- Understanding of data driven algorithms (deep learning andmachine learning)
- Experience with Basic Software
- Experience in using the libraries: TensorFlow, PyTorch, CUDA
- Experience working with NVIDIA drive/Driveworks
- Experience with using prototype development platform: SpeedGoat, dSPACE MicroAutoBox
- Programming skills in C#, Python or, JAVA
- Understanding of control theory
- Experience of automotive technologies and processes
- Knowledge of automotive communications (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, TT-Ethernet, MOST, UDS, OBD, J1939…)
- A second language (German an advantage)
If an offer of employment is made, applicants are required to undergo a DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the company reserves the right to withdraw its offer in the event that the applicant has unspent criminal convictions.
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team.