AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth – Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
Contract - Manufacturing Technician II (#2019-2404)
|Department:||Instrumentation and Test Systems|
Contract Position - 12 months AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines as well as instrumentation and test systems. AVL Test Systems is searching for a talented Mechanical/Electrical based manufacturing technician to help assemble all types of emissions and engine related test equipment and instrumentation. Qualified candidates will possess 3-5+ years’ experience in manufacturing pneumatic and hydraulic components. Qualified candidates will also have a full understanding of Pneumatic/Hydraulic tube bending (up to 16mm) swage fitting experience and test system build experience. In addition, candidate hand bender experience is preferred. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
- At AVL we build precision instruments with stainless hydraulic and pneumatic lines. We are proud of the work that we do here and are looking for a candidate that can help us expand this business. If you consider stainless steel tube manufacturing "a work of art" then we would like to talk to you.
- Job Description
- The ideal candidate will use thier hydraulic and pneumatic pipe (tube) fitting experience to manufacture and assist in manufacturing emissions and engine test related equipment
- They will assemble mechanical components and electrical devices (including basic low voltage wiring) per drawing
- The candidate will assist to clean and prep all equipment scheduled for shipment to our customers
- The candidate will be 100% responsible for their work area, in addition, they will help keep the general work area clean and safe.
- Safety, 5S of workplace, quality of finished goods is mandatory
- We pride ourselves in a cross functional workforce, and as a cross functional team member, the candidate may be called upon to fabricate electrical wiring/panel/instruments using basic electrical knowledge and using these skills, working from blueprints and under supervision, and or engineering direction
- Must be able to execute a finished piece independent of close supervision.
- Work closely with engineering/and supervisor to ensure proper and smooth assembly of product
- Act with safety, quality and efficiency
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma, trade school or equivalent.
- Trade school certificate/diploma or equivalent strongly desired
- 3-5+ years manufacturing in a pneumatic/Hydraulic/Instrument/industrial wiring setting
- Basic Pneumatic hydraulic/electrical skills including bending tube and basic multimeter skills
- Capable of identifying different swage fitting type in inch and metric sizes as well as basic understanding of wire sizes and types
- Ability to read advanced pneumatic/hydraulic/electrical blue prints and follow standards
- Must be detail oriented
- Capable of executing tasks in a SAFE manner
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to execute high quality and quantity of work
- Reliable, dependable, flexible
- Additional requirements
- Hazardous communication training
- Personal protective equipment training
- Lock out/tag out training
- Hazardous waste training
- Spill control plan training
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4301