AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Resident Health and Safety Advisor
|Europe: United Kingdom|
AVL Powertrain UK Ltdis currently seeking a Resident Health and Safety Advisor for our brand-new advanced research Technical Centre in Coventry. As a Resident Health and Safety Advisor you will play a key role in the operations of a new state-of-the-art powertrain testing facility. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company operates within the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and supporting management systems.
- This role requires the individual to provide advice and support to management, employees, visitors and contractors on a customer site and/or the Technical Centre in Antsy Park, Coventry. Advice and support will include but not be limited to the following:
- Advise the Head of Quality Safety & Security on the site’s compliance with the interpretation of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and all other relevant legislation
- Maintain and propose the relevant site/project KPIs
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own Health and Safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to
- Encourage and promote pro-active behaviours towards health and safety
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions
- Carrying out audits across the site as and when needed and making sure the site is adhering to the standards
- Carry out accident and incident investigations and reporting when required in line with Company Policy and legislation. Ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Implement/follow the recommendations and guidance provided by the Head of Quality Safety & Security and adopting industry, group or local best work practices where possible (this may require you to travel within the AVL Group)
- Ensure suitable safe systems of work are in place (e.g. RAMs and work permits)
- Managing the day to day Health and Safety on an operational basis
- Support the sites fire marshals and first aiders to enable them to perform their duties efficiently and effectively
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders System
- You may be required to do other work within your capabilities which the company will require from time to time
- Experience in undertaking risk assessments (including COSHH and PUWER)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Commercial acumen and ability to translate Health and Safety requirements and legislation into common knowledge for all AVL employees, visitors and contractors
- Flexible & adaptable to changing work requirements
- Self-motivated, determined and enthusiastic with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise responsibilities and workload as well as multi-task and proactively manage a variety of different cases
- Strong problem solving and investigation skills (e.g. 8D)
- Confident in using Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint)
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Full UK driving licence and willing to travel
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety
If an offer of employment is made, applicants are required to undergo a DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the company reserves the right to withdraw its offer in the event that the applicant has unspent criminal convictions.
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team.