AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth – Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
Customer Liaison Lead (#2019-2356)
AVL is looking for a proactive individual with strong communication skills to support a customer onsite in the Phoenix, Arizona area. This position will act as a liason for AVL to support the customer on all topics. The Customer Liason Lead is responsible for the management of the customer relationship and is the primary point of contact for new topics, escalations, and long-term planning. In addition, this position will be responsible to oversee and coordinate all on-site customer activities, assist in managing engineering projects, and manage other on-site employees. Qualified candidates will have a bachelors degree as noted below, will have experience in operations, project, or software management OR will have engineering experience in systems/controls, and will be familiar with electric vehicles. *Must be located in the surrounding Pheonix, Arizona area or willing to relocate to the Phoenix, Arizona area. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
- Be the primary Point of Contact for AVL’s programs with the customer
- Provide leadership for the day to day customer engagement related to all AVL activities
- Obtain customer feedback and maintain customer care during project run time
- Establish, cultivate and expand positive customer relations.
- Develop synchronization of AVL and customer processes/expectations
- Manage the project initialization and planning with special attention to cross location project organization and interface with customer
- Ensure PM is well informed of customer satisfaction based on cost, timing, and deliverables.
- Customer Relationship Management during sales and project execution.
- Mediate project meetings.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction by determining customer’s needs and delivering services that consistently meet those needs.
- Organize, and monitor inter-connected projects
- Provide input on and drive suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Manage other on-site staff
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, software, engineering or equivalent.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Approximately 5 years previous operations, project management or software management experience including forecasting, scheduling and real-time operations management.
- Familiar with electric vehicle powertrain systems.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks, leads and directs the work of others.
- Excellent people, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Detail oriented with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Residence in Phoenix, Arizona required.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4301