AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Senior Mechanical Development Engineer f/m/d
|Europe: Austria (Headquarters)|
- Be responsible for the design and engineering of the mechanical models and drawings utilizing the common tools of AVL and resources available in AVL globally
- Follow and review the AVL design and engineering guidelines for all work
- Understand, follow, and enforce relevant mechanical norms for all work
- Ability to work in a structured and responsible way completing goals and targets in time
- Support the commonization of designs and part utilization for products to reduce costs and purchasing and service efforts in AVL
- Responsibilities include utilizing AVL resources to complete all the required documentation needed for manufacturing, installation, commissioning, and servicing of products including: BOMs, detailed drawings, quality check specifications, piping diagrams, etc.
- Support the documentation of all product designs with notes, diagrams, illustrations, etc.
- Support the sales and affiliate organization with trainings, customer technical reviews, and expo or conference participation/presentations
- Support product management and research projects with technical support and research into topics related to mechanical engineering aspects of cell testing and ripple emulation
- Graduate of electrical engineering or similar (HTL,FH,TU)
- Knowledge or experience of mechanical design, documentation, & certification of systems with 5+ years of design experience
- Must be able to read and analyze mechanical drawings, mechanical manufacturing documentation, CAD models, quality documents, etc.
- Intense knowledge of all kinds of materials used for industrial test equipment, tolerances, material selection, mechanical sensors for force, pressure, temperature, etc.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English required, German a plus
- Battery cell testing experience a plus
- Knowledge of thermal effects on fixtures and equipment required, mechanical design regarding grounding and shielding techniques for electrical equipment a plus
If you are from abroad AVL will help you to organize your travel to the recruiting interview in Graz. We can also provide you with an appartment for your first few months in Graz.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application tool to send your application to AVL List GmbH, Graz