AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Embedded System Development Engineer m/f/d
|Europe: Austria (Headquarters)|
|Department:||IT & Software|
- Pre-development and product development in the area of model-based control of innovative power electronic systems for the AVL E-STORAGE product line
- Design and implementation of real-time control and communication functions
- Rapid control prototyping with MATLAB/Simulink Embedded Coder
- Validation on FPGA / SoC platforms
- Participation in concept design, prototyping, series product development and field support.
- University degree in electrical engineering / information and computer engineering.
- Practical experience in at least one of these fields:
- Software/Logic design for SoCs (FPGA + CPU).
- Real time systems with automatic code generation for embedded systems with resource constraints (uC, DSP or FPGA).
- Real time and low latency communication using FPGAs.
- Rapid Control Prototyping on FPGA / SoC-based platforms (e.g. dSPACE, NI Rio, Matlab/Simulink Embedded Coder…).
- Embedded control for power electronics (sampling and synchronization with PWM, field- or voltage oriented control of power converters, control of DC/DC converters).
- Experience with formal software development processes.
- Familiar with the fundamentals of electrical engineering.
- Self-directed approach to work and sense of responsibility in the project team with a high degree of flexibility and customer orientation.
- Sound knowledge of English (knowledge of German desired).
- Readiness to moderate business travel (visits to customers, suppliers and research partners).
If you are from abroad AVL will help you to organize your travel to the recruiting interview in Graz. We can also provide you with an appartment for your first few months in Graz.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application tool to send your application to AVL List GmbH, Graz