AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Development Engineer Software - EDEM Project - PhD Fellowship f/m/d
|Europe: Austria (Headquarters)|
|Department:||IT & Software|
The position is based on a funded European project which has a mobility constraint, so that the candidate must not have resided or carried out his main activity (work, studies etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the past 3 years. The Candidate will work on specific tasks of EDEM EU project (www.edem-itn.eu, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/431840). Therefore it is a limited position for a period of 3 years.
- Development and implementation of chemical models into the FIRE CFD code
- Research regarding modeling of dual fuel combustion and untypical combustion events (knocking)
- Independent planning and realization of software projects
- Documentation of developments carried out
- Cooperation with partners throughout the EDEM-EU project
- Master degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Chemical or Marine Engineering, Physics or Chemistry with solid knowledge of fluid dynamics
- Must be in the first 4 years of your research career, measured from the date of graduation (MSc degree or equivalent)
- Fluent in English, in oral and written form
- High sense of responsibility, goal-orientation and teamwork skills
- Communication skills, high readiness to learn
If you are from abroad AVL will help you to organize your travel to the recruiting interview in Graz. We can also provide you with an appartment for your first few months in Graz.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application tool to send your application to AVL List GmbH, Graz