AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
Model based Calibration Engineer (f/m)
|Department:||- not defined|
- Development of simulation models for combustion and emissions of gasoline engines
- Cooperation with teams providing models for hybrid, electrification, after treatment, vehicle, transmission, etc.
- Modelling of gasoline engines (air path, combustion, emissions, fuel path etc.) to support calibration
- Analysis and preparation of measurement data from testbed
- Planning, execution and evaluation of measurements at engine test benches, chassis dyno and vehicle
- Implementation and integration of engine model in virtual testing environment (HiL, MiL)
- Internal communication for planning and organization of modelling and integration
- Communication with customer for required information
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering, vehicle technology, electrical engineering, mechatronics, physics or chemical engineering
- Deep knowledge of thermodynamic for internal combustion engines and knowledge of transmission and electric powertrain
- Interest in powertrain technology incl. hybrid and electrification for vehicles
- Basic knowledge in electronics, informatics and control engineering
- Analytic reasoning, ability in the capture of complex connections and dependence
- Independent, target-oriented working style
- Experience in calibration tools (e.g. INCA, Concerto, DiagRa) preferential
- Good communication, organization and team skills
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in German or willingness to learn language
- Driving license for passenger car
If so please contact us.