AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.AVL North America has around 600 employees and 3 locations in Michigan: Plymouth – Headquarters, Ann Arbor and Bloomfield.
Commercial Order Processing Specialist (#2019-2436)
|Department:||Instrumentation and Test Systems|
AVL Test Systems, Inc. in Plymouth, MI is looking for a Commercial Order Processing Specialist to add to our team. This position is responsible for entering and maintaining customer orders in SAP. Orders can include service, product or project orders as assigned. In addition, the Commercial Order Processing Specialist interface directly with customer via email and/or phone, requiring strong customer service skills. This position will maintain billing plans and coordinate close out of customer orders by invoicing customer once good ship and/or services are performed. Qualified candidates must possess a bachelors degree or 3 to 4+ years of relevant experience. In addition, SAP knowledge is required and 2+ years of SAP experience is strongly preferred. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
- Input new customer orders into SAP for Product and Project business. Send order confirmation to customer, as requested.
- Communicate and work with inside sales and technical sales specialist groups to ensure smooth transition between receipt of customer PO, updates to the customer quotation, and upload to SAP.
- Maintain billing plans on customer orders including entering initial billing plan, monitoring invoicing dates and updating as needed, communicating with Project Managers and Order Handlers for approval to invoice and generate the invoice.
- Release customer orders to logistics after approval for product orders. Communicate with project managers and coordinate release to logistics for projects. Communicate with purchasing to issue purchase orders related to the customer order for product orders.
- Execute Sales Order Change Requests from Project Managers and Order Handlers.
- Assist with Sales & Use Tax including ensuring state tax rates are maintained in SAP, communicating with Inside Sales and/or Customers on appropriate tax status, ensuring that customer tax status in correct on the order in SAP, and communicate with Snr. Accountant on sales tax reconciliation and payment.
- Coordinate the close out of customer orders including assistance with shipping documentation, communicating with shipping/receiving on deliveries and ensuring all transactions including invoicing have been performed in SAP to complete the order. Work with customs team, accounting, and the bank to provide necessary documentation.
- Maintain permanent customer order files (electronically, preferred) including purchase orders, purchase order acceptance forms, invoices, related communications, etc. and answer questions related to customer order status as needed.
- Assist with year-end audit and other periodic audits as requested.
- Assist accounting with management of demo unit stock
- TSI Product costing, material status changes, part calculations, add and change routings, deviations, part reviews and corrections as needed.
- Maintain SPC cost down summaries and charts
- Assist with annual physical inventory.
- Other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma, or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-4 years’ relevant experience
- 2+ years' experience in SAP preferred
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment where multi-tasking is necessary
- Good communication skills and ability to interface diplomatically with customers and co-workers in various departments
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with ERP systems (SAP preferred) and Microsoft Office. Comfortable with a computer and ability to learn new programs as added.
- Letter of Credit and customs knowledge preferred
- Sales and use tax knowledge preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience processing customer orders in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise - join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to AVL North America, Inc / AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.avl.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (734)-446-4301