AVL is the world's largest independent company for the development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems (hybrid, combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, batteries, fuel cell and control technology) for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, construction, large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
Application Engineer (m/w/d) Power Electronics and Electric Motor
|Department:||Instrumentation and Test Systems|
This is an opportunity to be a part of the fast-developing topic of Inverter and E-Motor for electric vehicles. The position focuses on testing and application for E-Drive Systems (Inverter and E-Motor) along with Battery-Systems in the perspective of energy delivery and energy storage. As an application engineer you will focus on supporting, learning and gaining experience on both technical and project management aspects.You will also be supporting the sales team and sales process to a limited scope. Be a part of an exciting and flexible team supporting global partners.
- You will be responsible for the application support and customer support towards usage of AVL E-Motor, Inverter and other related products
- Testing and creating test runs using SW & HW tools in context of development activities
- In this role, you will support, set up and optimize AVL test systems into customer system environment
- You carry out evaluations and analyses of measurement results
- Furthermore, you will support training / instruction in the area of the relevant AVL test automation and device systems. E.g: PUMA, CONCERTO etc.
- The support of the development of new topics and pilot projects belongs to your responsibilities
- You hold a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in electrical engineering, electro automotive engineering, e-mobility or comparable training
- Preferably you have experience with programming or testing of inverter drives for AC and DC motors
- You show an interein automotive engineering, especially in the field of electrified powertrains
- You understand the Basics in automotive system, power generation and power
- You are competent with test development and scripting exposure with software or any software application.
- Strong analytical & logical skills and fast problem-solving ability complete your profile
- You are willing to travel at home and abroad
- You are Motivated to work in teams and at the customer
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English required. German elective
If so please contact us.