Despite the trend towards increased electrification in heavy commercial vehicles, the internal combustion engine (ICE) will remain the backbone of truck and bus propulsion systems for years to come.Commercial vehicles will rely on efficiency improvements in diesel engines and the adoption of alternative fuels to reduce CO2 emissions in the medium term. One such energy source will be hydrogen, which EU legislation considers CO2-neutral.In this webinar, Bernhard Raser and Martin Wieser discuss AVL’s hydrogen ICE, which looks set to play a critical role in decarbonizing the goods transport sector.Key topics and takeaways:
• Understand the potential of hydrogen ICEs for commercial vehicle applications
• Learn about hydrogen combustion principles
• Explore approaches to ensure trade-off between transient engine behaviour and pollutant emission control
• Gain insight into the development of AVL’s hydrogen engine
Meet our experts who are the presenters of this webinar.
- Bernhard Raser, Product Line Manager ICE-based Powertrains for Truck and Bus
- Martin Wieser, Skill Team Leader in Development of Commercial Vehicles