Powertrain and thermal management design
- How can I predict fuel efficiency and performance in the concept phase when little vehicle data is available?
- What is the influence of different thermal management strategies on fuel consumption and emissions?
- Can AVL CRUISE™ M easily switch between conventional, hybrid and electric powertrain concepts?
Control function development on HiL
- Can office models be reused in a realtime MiL/SiL/HiL environment?
- How can I frontload control unit development and calibration?
- Can AVL CRUISE™ M supply me with plant models for closed loop function development on HiL?
Vehicle simulation on testbeds
- Can office models be reused in a realtime testbed environment for controller validation and component testing?
- Is it possible to generate physical models for the testbed without the need for test data?
- Can the models be used on engine, transmission, electric and chassis dyno test beds?
La solución de AVL
AVL CRUISE™ M is used by OEMs to design powertrain concepts, optimize thermal management systems, develop control unit functions and perform component testing. It is a versatile vehicle system simulation platform that supports model-based development and enable the re-use of high-quality models from the concept phase through to SOP.
Typical applications for AVL CRUISE™ M are comparing powertrain concepts, optimizing control strategies and sub-system layout, balancing energy flow, and reducing CO2.
Users of AVL CRUISE™ M are in the automotive, locomotive, marine and powerplant industries.
El valor añadido
- Re-use of high-quality models throughout the entire development process
- Model accuracy is extensively validated with AVL test data
- Realtime, crank-angle resolved engine models for the development of engine control strategies
- Optimize testbed usage with the ability to change parameters on-the-fly
- Support component development by providing real load profiles
- Observe the impact of component changes at early stages on vehicle performance using holistic models