THE CONNECTED POWERTRAIN™
The utilization of The Connected Powertrain™ extends to vehicles of all types and classes. They range from motorcycles over passenger cars to trucks including conventional powertrains, hybrid powertrain designs and full electric vehicles. The Connected Powertrain is all about harnessing different types of environment-related information to achieve perfect interaction between all components of the powertrain.
Benefits at a Glance
- Cooperative control strategies for connected vehicles
- Predictive energy management, ADAS and safety
- Vehicle embedment in an Intelligent Transportation System
- Unique design solutions based on individual customer needs
- Seamless and powerful simulation toolchain
- Implementation of real-world 3D driving routes
- Fast migration between office simulation, testbed and real worldtesting
The ease and speed with which it is possible to migrate from pure office PC simulation, using a co-simulation platform that allows extensive reusability of developed use cases supports the entire development process. The transition between a fully virtual vehicle in pure office simulation to a real prototype on the testbed or the road becomes seamless due to the ability to use the same design and development tools for MiL, SiL and HiL testing. Real-world real-time information is provided through real or emulated sensor data such as radar, video, GPS and v2x communication. Therefore, the AVL toolchain eases the design process of predictive hybrid and transmission control, energy recuperation and safety functions as well as advanced driver assistance systems. The utilization of tests in pure office simulation and on the testbed in parallel greatly assists the development process due to reproducibility of highly realistic real-world conditions and repeatability of defined test cases.