Automotive Controls/Calibration Engineer
AVL Research and Engineering Turkey, a member of the AVL Group with more than 10.000 employees, works worldwide on the development of vehicle powertrains, controls, software, instrumentation and test systems. We're seeking an engineering enthusiast for Automotive Controls / Calibration Engineer position in AVL Turkey's Istanbul R&D center. You will be part of a dynamic, continuously learning and growing team and you will have an opportunity to work on state of the art powertrain technologies in an international environment.
- Powertrain Control Systems Calibration is a multi-disciplinary engineering field which requires strong analytical skills to find creative engineering solutions in various platforms such as HiL & MiL simulator, vehicle and engine development center. Your typical working days will have the mixture of modeling and simulation activities, vehicle performance development & testing, post-processing, data analysis.
- Optimize Vehicle and Powertrain Control Systems Calibration to improve performance, emissions, fuel economy & safety.
- Join environmental testing in test locations around the world (USA, Italy, Finland, Spain, etc.)
- Create Smart Calibration processes and tools.
- Work with AVL Global experts to keep up with latest technologies and industry trends .
- Responsible for integration of hardware, algorithms and release of calibrations to meet requirements.
- BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent engineering degree in automotive, mechatronics, controls, mechanical engineering or related technical field is preferred.
- Good understanding of electrified & hybrid powertrain technologies, transmissions, engine and aftertreatment systems.
- Experience with Controller / Algorithm Design and Implementation , System Dynamics, Modelling, Data acquisition and post-processing with Matlab/Simulink is desirable.
- Previous experience in R&D roles in automotive industry is highly desirable.
- Having programming experience in any language (C#, Java, Phyton etc) is a plus.
- Fluent speaking and excellent writing skills in English (German, French or Italian would be a plus).
- Fast learner, treats change as an opportunity to learn and develop. Good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Works energetically and enthusiastically.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and confident personality to contribute to the success and harmony of the team.
Seize the professional challenges and opportunities offered by a high-tech enterprise join our international team. We look forward to receiving your details; please use our online application form or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org